Removing deep burns on your oven requires much hard work and time as well as energy as scrubbing and washing it is not an easy task.
While baking, certain ingredients, residues, food particles stick to the walls and surfaces of the oven, If they are not removed. They can leave deep burned stains and spots that look untidy and ugly on your oven. So they should be dealt with care and proper cleaning for the safety and maintenance of your appliances.
Ideally, these burns should be regularly removed to avoid them getting firm and strong on the oven and thus leaving dirty stains on it. If not possible daily, they can be cleaned weekly to avoid getting them damaged or rusted. However, regular cleanings will make the removal of burned spots quick and painless.
Removing burnt-on grease can be a challenging task if the they are left for some time and not cleaned. The grimy black carbon sticks to the surfaces and walls of the oven and slows down their working.
Here are some easy steps for removing the greasy burn spots off:
You will be need:
- Baking soda
- Hot Water
- Soft clothes
- Dish soaps
- Scrubbing pads
Steps to follow include:
- It is not safe to work with running appliances, so make sure you have switched off the oven.
- Soak the soft cloth in hot water and remove the dust or any loose food particles in the oven.
- First of all, make a mixture having baking soda and water in it.
- Spread the mixture on the walls, surfaces and areas with burnt spots and leave it for a few minutes to work.
- Moisten the scrubbing pads with water and baking soda mixture and scrub the surfaces with it as long as the spots clear up.
- Baking soda will help remove the stains without damaging the aluminum surfaces.
- Once all the greasy burns are removed, clean it with a soft cloth soaked with soapy water and remove the extra baking soda particles if any.
- Let it dry for a while before using it again.
Other than this method, various ready-made liquids, chemicals can be used for removing stains and spots. Oven cleaners can be used which are specifically designed for this purpose and cleans your oven effectively bringing their former glory back and making them look just new.
Baking soda and vinegar method:
You can try the baking soda and vinegar method to clean burnt-on grease. It is most quicker and effective.
It requires to:
- Add a sufficient amount of baking soda on the surface of the oven.
- Spray it with vinegar.
- Scrub with a sponge to remove burnt-on spots and stains.
- Leaving it open for drying.
- Leave it overnight for better results.
- Repeat the process, yielding better results if not satisfied.
Following these simple, easy and homely methods help you to clean the burn spots and stains from your oven efficiently.